Recipe by Ketutar
Quick recipe using baking powder.
Top Review by Joseph
I'm rating this 4 stars because it was good after I modified the recipe, slightly. The main thing was the salt. 1t was way too much. It might be right but too salty for our tastes. I reduced it to 1/4 teaspoon. To help us Americans who don't use the metric system: 3/4c flour and 5 Tablespoons of cream. I used whipping cream, it's what I had on hand. My DW is a pretzel-aholic and she LOVES these. She said the flavor is a cross between a pretzel and cracker with a hint of pie crust. The ones I made were lightly brown and had the consistency of a heavy pie crust. Don't expect them to be super-crunchy like store bought pretzels.
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add butter into flour mix.
- Blend in the cream.
- Form the pretzels as you wish and put them on the baking tray.
- Brush with egg and sprinkle with coarse salt, grated cheese, cummin or what ever you wish.
- Bake in hot oven (275-300 degrees Celsius) for about 10 minutes.