Prep 30 mins
Cook 6 mins
This is another recipe I got from my Kashi freebie book. (called Brain Foods for Kids: Over 100 Recipes to Boost Your Childs Intelligence). We loved it as is, so I made no changes to the original recipe. Before having this my picky daughter would not eat chicken.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- salt and pepper
- 16 wooden skewers
- Soak 16 wooden skewers is a bowl of water for 30 minutes to prevent them from burning. While soaking, cut each chicken breast lengthwise into four strips and thread each one onto a skewer.
- Combine olive oil, lemon juice, and seasoning in a small bowl then brush the chicken with this mixture.
- Heat a griddle pan to med-high heat. Cook chicken skewers for 3 minutes each side until golden and cooked through until no trace of pink inside.
- You can serve these with satay sauce, or any kind of sauce you'd like. These are great for appetizers too.
Made these for lunch with my 2yr old son and he ate it up which is not usual for un-breaded chicken! The flavor was not to lemony but gave the chicken something to cover the plain chicken taste; I hate the taste of unseasoned chicken...will make again to cut back on the fat/calories from marinades.