Scarecrow Chicken Sticks
photo by DianaEatingRichly
- Ready In:
- 10 wooden skewers
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup great value sweetened flaked coconut
- 1⁄3 cup ranch dressing or 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 3 skinless Your Fresh Market boneless chicken breasts
- Soak skewers in water. Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Place a wire rack on top and coat with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, stir coating mix with coconut.
- Pour dressing or mayonnaise into another bowl.
- Cut chicken strips lengthwise into 1/2" (1cm) thick strips.
- Add to dressing or mayonnaise and stir to coat. Then add to coconut mixture and stir.
- Press coating onto bare spots. Thread skewers through meat. Place on rack. Bake in centre of oven, without turning, until chicken is cooked through, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Additional back-to-school snack recipes can be found at www.walmart.ca/recipes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!