Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Comfort food first prepared for me by my husband. Now that we're married, I've claimed it as my own! Simple preparation and kid friendly. Enjoy!
- 1 (2 lb) bag frozen cubed hash brown potatoes or 1 (2 lb) bag hash browns
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 medium onion
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 cups cheddar cheese or 2 cups monterey jack cheese
- salt and pepper
- ketchup (optional)
- brown ground beef and onion in frying pan. Drain and set aside. In same pan, add oil and brown the potatoes until done.
- return the ground beef and onion mixture to the pan with potatoes. Add mushrooms and corn to the beef and potatoes. Let heat thoroughly. Add cheese,salt and pepper. Mix until cheese melts.
- serve to plates and top with ketchup. Yum!
I made this for my SO and I on 3/24/08.And as with most recipes I cut this one in half and it worked just great.Since I don't like mushrooms they were left out.The taste of this was really good,I served this along with some steamed broccoli and it made a great meal.If you want good tasting,yet quick comfort food,this is it.This will be made again.Thanks for posting and, "Keep Smiling :)"
Really! This IS comfort food. Made it last night and we all loved it. I did leave out the corn since, although we all like corn, we don't all like it IN things.(my kid) No one opted for the ketchup -liked it just the way it was. Thanks!