Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
We love these Parmesan croutons on Caesar Salad or Chicken Caesar Salad. I usually make Caesar Salad when I have bits of bread that need to be used up in the house, like the heels. It is a delicious transformation for them. And these croutons go together really fast in a skillet.
- 4 slices bread, about 1/2 inch thick (or equivalent)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Cut the bread into 3/4 inch cubes.
- Add the butter and olive oil to a skillet and heat until the butter melts.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the cheese and garlic powder.
- Add the bread cubes, stirring until they are all coated.
- Turn the heat back to low and cook until the bread is toasted.