Prep 10 mins
Cook 9 hrs
A simple and filling soup
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes, chopped
- 3 cups potatoes, diced
- 1 (16 ounce) can cut green beans
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 -3 dashes cayenne pepper sauce
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans condensed beef broth
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup carrot, sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Brown meat with onion and celery; drain off fat.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and add 1 or 2 cups water.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
I made this it was really good. I added some spicy v8 juice and also added a frozen veggie mix.
As our 10 year old son said-mom I like it because it's not spicy-I was low on vegs. so instead of celery added some other veggies that were begging to be used spinach, a tad of shrd. cabbage, only had 1 can of beef broth, so added a can of golden mushroom soup, was great----Thanks Chelle_N!
I prepared the recipe as directed except I only needed one can of broth. This soup has an excellent flavor. Just the right amount of 'spice' for us. My only complaint was with the hamburger. I use Angus and it ended up being such small pieces that it didn't seem like there was any meat in it at all. I will be making it again but next time I'll use stew meat. A nice change from my usual veggie soup because of the chili and cayenne. Thanks for posting it!