- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 medium yellow onions, chopped
- 4 (14 1/2 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- 8 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 4 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 -2 tablespoon salt
- 1 -2 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook beef and onions over medium heat; drain.
- Add tomatoes, carrots, celery, potatoes, water, rice, salt and pepper; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes until vegetables and rice are tender.
- Uncover; simmer 20-30 minutes longer or until thickened!
- Serve with cornbread.