1/1 Photo of Hamburger & Rice Skillet Meal
I have been making this and similar for years. The Subs that I noted make really great alternatives to change it up a notch. I especially like using sausage instead of Hamburger, it gives it a nice flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb hamburger (1 lb chub of sausage is good Sub)
- 1/4 cup onion, Finely diced
- 1 (8 ounce) can cream of chicken soup (Broccoli or Mushroom would be great subs)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups Minute Rice (Other kinds of rice could be used just adjust cooking time accordingly)
- 1Cook hamburger
- 2Add Onion. (I saute this seperately in a bit of soy sauce).
- 3Add Soup, Soy Sauce, Sour Cream, and Water.
- 4Bring to just a boil, then reduce heat to low and add Peas and rice.
- 5Cover and cook 10 to 15 Minutes. (I didn't stir or lift the lid for 10 min and it came out just right.).
- 6Optional: Sprinkle grated cheese over the top just before serving.
Browse Our Top White Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hamburger & Rice Skillet Meal
Serving Size: 1 (383 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 520.9
- Calories from Fat 178
- Total Fat 19.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 86.9 mg
- Sodium 1507.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 32.8 g