Recipe by Silver.lily
I have been making this and similar for years. The Subs that I noted make really great alternatives to change it up a notch. I especially like using sausage instead of Hamburger, it gives it a nice flavor.
Top Review by Yolanda d
DH and DD said they would give this about two stars. DH said it needs more flavour, and next time I will add some oregano, thyme or pepper to the mix. DD did NOT like the looks of the meal. She did not think it look appetizing. For her, next time I will sprinkle some cheese on it. I am giving this four stars for the ease of preparation. Right now DH is eating another helping and thinks my 91-year old mother would be willing to eat this. DMom does not like spicy food. Thanks for the recipe!!
- 1 lb hamburger (1 lb chub of sausage is good Sub)
- 1⁄4 cup onion, Finely diced
- 1 (8 ounce) can cream of chicken soup (Broccoli or Mushroom would be great subs)
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups Minute Rice (Other kinds of rice could be used just adjust cooking time accordingly)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook hamburger
- Add Onion. (I saute this seperately in a bit of soy sauce).
- Add Soup, Soy Sauce, Sour Cream, and Water.
- Bring to just a boil, then reduce heat to low and add Peas and rice.
- Cover and cook 10 to 15 Minutes. (I didn't stir or lift the lid for 10 min and it came out just right.).
- Optional: Sprinkle grated cheese over the top just before serving.