Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
I found this recipe one day when I was looking for something different to fix during a snow storm and I had only a few staples in my freezer and cupboard. This is from Mary Beth Roe's Family Favorites Cookbook. It smells great while cooking and paired with a hot veggie it makes a great dinner for our cold New England winters.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs hamburger
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked rice
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can water
- crushed potato chips, if desired
- Brown hamburger, onion and celery together.
- Combine with rice, soups and water.
- Put into a baking dish that has been sprayed with Pam.
- Top with crushed potato chips, if desired.
- Bake about 90 minutes at 325 degrees.
- (Check during baking and add water if it gets too dry).
I must say it did smell great while cooking. Very easy meal to prepare and quite tasty! Thanks Denise