Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
With football season fast approaching, this is one of the family favorites for snacking on during the game!
- Spread refried beans in lightly greased 9x13 baking dish.
- Brown beef and onion in large skillet. Add taco seasoning mix, taco sauce, water, salsa, and simmer until it starts to thicken.
- Pour ground beef mixture over refried beans.
- Whip cream cheese and sour cream together.
- Spread over beef mixture as best you can.
- Sprinkle chopped tomatoes and green onions over the top.
- Cover with grated cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees until bubbly and cheese is melted.
- Serve warm with tortilla chips for dipping.
This was so quick and easy and tasty! The boys ate half the pan for dinner tonight and I ate more than I should have too! This will be on my list for quick meals when we have to run here, there and the other! Thanks Beth!
Very tasty, and great to snack on during the football game. I used a mild taco sauce and a medium heat salsa, and the heat was just right for us. I also used Monterrey Jack cheese instead of cheddar - it's what I had on hand. The only thing I would do differently next time, is to add the sour cream mixture as a garnish after cooking it. The mixture separated a bit during the cooking process. It didn't affect the taste, though,just the appearance. I made this recipe for PAC Fall 2007. Can't wait to try the other two recipes, Beth!