Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A tasty Quick and easy beef and cheese casserole. Easily converted to different styles with your own creative touches.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 (10 ounce) cans tomato soup
- 2 (16 ounce) cans green beans, drained
- 8 cups instant mashed potatoes
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Brown ground beef and drain fat.
- Add the soup and green beans.
- Spoon into a casserole dish.
- Prepare the mashed potatoes according to package directions.
- Spread over the top of casserole ingredients.
- Sprinkle with the cheese.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly.
- Note: You can be creative.
- Add chili powder or cumin and chopped jalapeño pepper for a Mexican flair.
- Or tomato sauce instead of soup and a bit of oregano substituting mozzarella cheese for Italian style.
- Just use your imagination with the basic recipe.
Exactly what you said, "Tasty, Quick and Easy! I seasoned the hamburger with all-seasoning salt, pepper and a couple of dollops of soy sauce and also added the onion as previously suggested. Next time, I will make sure the potatoes are on the 'stiff' side, otherwise, it was great!
I halved this recipe and it still made about twice as much as my husband and toddler and I could eat. If I had more freezer room, this would be a good recipe to make as is and put half in the freezer before baking. It does not have a lot of flavor, but it is still tasty. I may add onions to the gb next time and may try a zesty tomato soup. I will make this again.
This recipe was simple. I added onions to the hamburger because we like onions. And it has so many possibilities. Keep them coming 1Steve.