Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Quickly toss it together in the morning for a hot hearty supper
- 3 lbs lean hamburger
- 2 (28 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (13 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 cups green peas
- 2 cups carrots
- 2 cups mushrooms
- 3⁄4 cup onion
- 5 cups water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup elbow macaroni
- Brown hamburger and drain off grease.
- Add hamburger, tomatoes, and tomato paste to crock pot.
- Chop vegetables and add to soup.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Top up with water.
- In last 30 minutes add dry macaroni to soup.
- Serve with bread or roll.
This doesnt tell you how long to cook it, only when to put in the macaroni
This was good but I had to make some modifications. First, I only made enough for 4 as there is just the 2 of us. I did keep the meat at 1 1/2 lbs. Added a can of tomato soup and small can of tomato sause. No elbow mac on hand so I used 1/2 c. long grain rice. Cooked it on simmer stove top for about an hour and a half. Served it with some beer bread and was a happy camper. Have plenty of left overs for work.