Prep 24 mins
Cook 0 mins
B very nice Christmas type recipe that I often helped make with my mother.
- 24 nestle toll house vanilla wafers
- 12 chocolate wafers
- 1⁄2 cup cream cheese frosting
- 10 drops food coloring (red and yellow and green)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded coconut
- Color the frosting in equal parts red & yellow.
- Color coconut green.
- Spread the now red and yellow frosting on the vanilla wafers.
- Put the chocolate wafer onto the bottom vanilla wafer.
- Put the now green coconut onto the vanilla wafer that's the top one.
- The results should look like a hamburger.
- Chill for about 12-15 minutes and serve.
Very cute and easy! We made about 35 of them in 20 minutes (my son made them all). We just winged it with the frosting/food coloring ratio till we thought it was the right color. *****We used Keebler "Grasshopper" mint cookies as the burger.***** They are wavy on the edges, minty, and chocolate covered. :) We also dabbed the top with simple syrup and sprinkled with tiny white chocolate pieces we chopped up to make sesame seeds. I would advise white sprinkle candies instead as the chocolate almost looked like feta cheese. LOL
What a fun kid recipe! And a great recipe for kids to be creative with. Thank you for sharing, we tried this for Pick A Chef '08.
Thanks for sharing this recipe! It was fun to make with my daughters and they taste great as well!