Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is delicious-It has a wonderful moist taste . I got this recipe from a friend of mine I work with, Cindy. Thanks to her for sharing a wonderful dish. :)
- 16 ounces medium noodles, cooked
- 3 lbs ground beef, browned
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- italian seasoning
- 2 cups cream-style cottage cheese
- 2 (8 ounce) packagessoftened cream cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup chopped green onion, w/tops
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Spread 1/4 noodles in baking dish.
- Moisten noodles with 1/4 meat sauce.
- Cover with 1/4 cheese mixture.
- Top with 1/4 meat sauce.
- Repeat with 2nd 13x9 inch pan.
- Sprinkle each with parmesan cheese.
- Bake covered, 375 for 45 minutes.
- This makes two 13x9 inch pans.
- Half this recipe for one 13x9 pan or put the extra one in the freezer for unexpected company.
oh my gosh, I just made this and it was sooo good. I really wanted something creamy, rich and warming and this was just the thing. I used fresh basil and fresh oregano instead of the italian seasoning. We barely have enough left for lunch tomorrow, everyone had a second helping. Very nice way to use hamburger! Thanks tons!