Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
yum yum yum!!! like hamburger helper only better! best of all my picky eaters love it!
Make and share this Hamburger and Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes, Easy, Cheap, Delicious recipe from Food.com.
- Slice potatoes in rounds (like potato chips), then boil about 15 min or until slightly tender.
- While potatoes boil, cook hamburger in skillet, and heat up soup (reason to heat soup is that its less lumpy when mixed).
- In 9x13 pan pour small amount of soup, then all of the potatoes and hamburger, top with remaining soup.
- Bake 15 min @ 375, top with shredded cheese, serve and enjoy!
- Very good with a side salad or french-style green beans.
This was super quick and easy! My 5 and 7 year old liked it alot. I cooked the potatoes in salted water and added salt, pepper and a little garlic salt. After 15 minutes I put the 1/2 cup of cheese on and shut the oven off and let it melt. (I used cheddar). Then sprinkled a little more on their plates. I have cheese lovers. I'd use 3/4 of a can of water in the cream of mushroom soup to make it a touch thicker next time.
I made this I cut my potatoes with a slicer when I went to boil them I did for about 10 mins well they turned to mush, I put them in anyway so it did not turn out right but it was ok. It was just not scalloped potatoes it was mushy potatoes. Next time I will either not boil them and just cook a little longer since they are so thin or I will boil them for 2 or 3 mins just to soften a little... all in all it was good it was a little watery but I contribute that to the mushy potatoes and the soup, I did however only put a can and a half of water into the soup when heating it up because of the other reviews. I will make this again. But like I said I will make it differently next time... It was tasty still tho.. very yummy even tho mushy...
We greatly enjoyed this easy recipe to make. THis is going to be a keeper for us. Thanks!