Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
yum yum yum!!! like hamburger helper only better! best of all my picky eaters love it!
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup, mixed accord. to directions
- 4 -5 medium potatoes
- 1 lb hamburger (cooked untill crumbly)
- 1⁄2 cup cheese (shredded)
- salt and pepper
- garlic salt, if desired
- Slice potatoes in rounds (like potato chips), then boil about 15 min or until slightly tender.
- While potatoes boil, cook hamburger in skillet, and heat up soup (reason to heat soup is that its less lumpy when mixed).
- In 9x13 pan pour small amount of soup, then all of the potatoes and hamburger, top with remaining soup.
- Bake 15 min @ 375, top with shredded cheese, serve and enjoy!
- Very good with a side salad or french-style green beans.
This was super quick and easy! My 5 and 7 year old liked it alot. I cooked the potatoes in salted water and added salt, pepper and a little garlic salt. After 15 minutes I put the 1/2 cup of cheese on and shut the oven off and let it melt. (I used cheddar). Then sprinkled a little more on their plates. I have cheese lovers. I'd use 3/4 of a can of water in the cream of mushroom soup to make it a touch thicker next time.
I made this I cut my potatoes with a slicer when I went to boil them I did for about 10 mins well they turned to mush, I put them in anyway so it did not turn out right but it was ok. It was just not scalloped potatoes it was mushy potatoes. Next time I will either not boil them and just cook a little longer since they are so thin or I will boil them for 2 or 3 mins just to soften a little... all in all it was good it was a little watery but I contribute that to the mushy potatoes and the soup, I did however only put a can and a half of water into the soup when heating it up because of the other reviews. I will make this again. But like I said I will make it differently next time... It was tasty still tho.. very yummy even tho mushy...
We greatly enjoyed this easy recipe to make. THis is going to be a keeper for us. Thanks!