1/1 Photo of Ham Stuffed Chicken Breast on Savoury Rice
Schemin Demon's Note:
This is a succulent, tasty and not too fattening dish needing minimal preparation and supervision during cooking, easy to present and with a wonderfully satisfying Mediterranean flavour. Enjoy with a glass of chilled Pinot Grigio.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pre-heat oven to 200C/400F/gas 6.
- 2wash and dab dry the chicken breasts with kitchen roll.
- 3Slice each chicken breast along one side so that it can be opened like a book. Place a slice of Prosciutto ham and some diced red pepper into each chicken breast and close over.
- 4Pour a little cream of chicken soup into a large saccerole dish and arrange the chicken breasts on top without too much overlapping.
- 5Sprinkle the remaining diced red pepper over the chicken the slowly add the rest of the cream of chicken soup.
- 6Cover the casserole and place on the middle shelf of the oven to cook.
- 7Now, relax for ten minutes with a glass of Pinot Grigio (just to ensure that it is sufficiently well chilled, you understand).
- 8About twenty minutes before the chicken will be ready, rinse the rice in running water for a couple of minutes before putting it into a medium sized saucepan with four cups of water and the olive oil (the olive oil helps keep the rice separate), stir once.
- 9Bring to a fast boil then reduce the heat to a simmer.
- 10After five minutes, add the Pesto sauce to the rice and stir gently to distribute. Continue simmering until all the water has been absorbed (about 5-7 minutes). Fork through rice to fluff up.
- 11Place a quarter of the rice on each plate and put a chicken breast on top, offset a little to one side. Spoon some chicken soup from the casserole over the chicken breasts and decorate with the parsley sprig before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ham Stuffed Chicken Breast on Savoury Rice
Serving Size: 1 (172 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 298.9
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 8.3 mg
- Sodium 682.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 6.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chicken breast fillets