Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is something for the huge gathering, serve it up with some buns and desserts and your set.
- 1 (16 lb) whole ham, chunks
- 10 lbs potatoes, chunks
- 5 lbs onions, chunks
- 1 gallon tomatoes, quartered
- 2 (2 lb) boxes rice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- You will also need: 22 qt size pot needed.
- In the pot, fill up half way with water.
- Remove fat from ham and cut up.
- Bring water to rolling boil.
- Cook ham till tender (about 1 hr).
- Add potatoes, onions, and tomatoes.
- Bring back to boil.
- Cook 10 minutes.
- Check for salt needed, and add as desired.
- Keep in mind ham is salty too.
- Add around 1/8 cup pepper.
- Add rice.
- Cook covered for 20-25 minutes till rice is done.
- On low heat, check again for salt flavor.
- You may add more water if needed.