Recipe by Margie99
This is a great way to use leftover ham or a quick meal with canned ham. It is my sister's recipe and we just love it.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Made this with some Oscar Mayer Slow Cooked Carving Board Ham, since I had some of that left over after jazzing up a cheese pizza with it & other things! Also cut the recipe in half for the 2 of us, but otherwise stayed true to the given ingredients, & we had a wonderful taste treat! I don't usually do a lot of things with ham, so this was a nice change of pace for us! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup sliced carrot
- 1 cup julienned ham (or 2 cans on chunk ham)
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 lb spaghetti
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the pasta while you are preparing the rest of the dish in a large saute pan. Reserve a little of the pasta water to add to the sauce if you would like to thin it a bit.
- Saute the onion and garlic in the butter for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the carrots and saute for a couple more minutes.
- Then add the broccoli and cook until bright green. I cover it and let the veggies get nearly done, as my family does not like their veggies with any crunch left.
- Add the ham, mustard and the italian seasoning and saute for a couple more minutes.
- Toss in the cooked spaghetti noodles and serve.