Prep 35 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is wonderful, warm main dish. We usually have it with a salad and rolls. Really good warmed over, to!
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 dash pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Velveeta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup Miracle Whip
- 6 cups cooked diced potatoes
- 4 cups diced cooked ham
- Cook onion& green pepper in butter until tender.
- Stir in flour and pepper.
- Add milk all at once& bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat; add cheeses and Miracle Whip; stir until cheese melts.
- Combine ham and potatoes with sauce.
- Bake in 13x9" pan at 350.
OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH AAAAAAAHHHHHH!! I made this for the April 2006 Pick a Chef Contest. I am SO glad I did! This is a definate keeper!! Very easy to make and boy oh boy is it worth it!! I love Augratin, but its hard to find one with lots of taste. Your search ENDS here!!
Most excellent! I have been informed by DH that I had better keep this recipe close by. LOL He loved this casserole. It was really delicious. Love the cheeses in this dish. I used our mayonnaise though (Better Foods) DH and I are not fond of Miracle Whip. I also used 1c of half&half milk with 1c regular milk and also added salt to our tasteing since the recipe doesn't call for salt. This came together nicely too. Thanks for posting a great casserole!! DH thanks you too! :)