1/2 Photos of Ham, Onion and Potato Casserole
1 hr 30 mins
chef #735379's Note:
A thick,comfort food casserole with a savoury flavor. This is an adaptation of a ham and potato casserole recipe I liked but wanted to play around with.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pan fry ham and chopped onion in olive oil until onions are lightly browned.
- 2While onions and ham are cooking, peel potatoes and slice paper thin.
- 3Butter a medium casserole dish and place sauteed ham and onion inside.
- 4Salt and pepper the ham and onions.
- 5preheat oven at 325 degrees.
- 6Melt butter in a sauce pan, remove from heat and blend in flour. Return to heat and add milk or rice dream rice milk. Stir over direct heat until sauce boils and thickens.
- 7Arrange potatoes over ham and pour milk and flour mixture over them over them.
- 8Sprinkle potatoes with chives and basil flakes.
- 9Bake at 325 degrees until potatoes are tender, about 1 hour. Cover for first 1/2 hour then remove cover.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ham, Onion and Potato Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (302 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 464.4
- Calories from Fat 138
- Total Fat 15.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 53.0 mg
- Sodium 1120.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 28.3 g