Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is a special sandwich made on cheesey homemade biscuits. From taste of home.
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1⁄8 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 1⁄2 cup 4% fat cottage cheese
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 8 teaspoons butter, softened
- 1⁄2 lb sliced deli ham
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt; cut in cold butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In a small mixing bowl, beat cottage cheese for 2 minutes. Beat in egg and milk until blended. Stir into crumb mixture just until moistened.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 8-10 times. Pat or roll out to 1/2 inch thickness; cut out eight biscuits with a floured 2 1/2 inch biscuit cutter.
- Place 1 inch apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 450 for 8-12 minutes or until golden brown. Split biscuits in half; spread with softened butter. Place ham on biscuit botoms; replace tops.
These were just okay. The biscuits are pretty bland. I was expecting a lot more flavor. Will probably not make again :( Sorry.