Ham Hock and White Bean Soup
- Fill large pot with water and as it starts to boil, add dry beans and onion. Cook on medium-low till beans are soft, about 2 hrs., adding water as needed to keep beans covered.
- In another pan fill with water and add the ham and seasonings. Cook till meat falls off the bone.
- When beans are soft, remove the bones from the ham pot and add pot contents to the beans, including the water and the seasonings in the pan.
- Add the carrots and celery-cook on low till veggies are tender.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add hot sauce at serving.