Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is an easy and tasty hashbrown and ham casserole that's perfect for breakfast, brunch or as a sidedish. You can use either shredded frozen hashbrowns or Southern style (diced) hashbrowns. The french fried onions can be substituted with crumbled potato chips.
- 1 (2 lb) package frozen hash brown potatoes
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup (undiluted)
- 1 cup diced ham
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 cups packed grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 (6 ounce) can French-fried onions or 1 (6 ounce) cancrumbled potato chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl, add all ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Pour into a 13x9 casserole dish.
- Bake for 1 hour or until top is slightly golden.
- Sprinkle top with french fried onions (or crumbled potato chips) and bake an additional 10 minutes or until golden brown.
This was easy to put together and reminded me of the party potatoes with ham. Thanks for the recipe.
This is delicious! Thanks for posting! :)