Recipe by Crabzilla
Dare I say that I got this off of a Martha Stewart show a couple of years back. I think it's pretty simple to make and often when it's hot outside, I'll prepare this as it is so refreshing and simple.
- 1⁄2 lb grated gruyere cheese, grated on the large holes of a box grater or the large holed blade of your food processor
- 1⁄2 lb cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- salt and pepper
- 6 slices sourdough bread, cut from a round loaf (1/2 inch thick)
- 4 ounces cooked ham, cut into 12 slices
- 3 -4 red radishes, very thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a food processor, pulse half the Gruyere cheese and all of the cream cheese until smooth, about 30 seconds.
- Transfer mixture to a small mixing bowl.
- Fold in thyme leaves, and season with salt and pepper to your taste preferences.
- Set aside.
- Place bread on a baking sheet, and toast in the center of the oven, flipping halfway through, until golden brown on both sides, (watch closely to avoid burning).
- Spread reserved cheese mixture on each slice of toast, dividing evenly, and sprinkle with remaining Gruyere.
- Place 2 slices of ham on each toast and garnish with sliced radishes.