Recipe by Rhodes Bake-N-Serv
Need an idea for breakfast, lunch or dinner? Try our simple Ham and Cheese Strata perfect for any meal.
- 1 loaf rhodes bread dough, baked day old
- 2 tablespoons sweet & spicy mustard, divided
- 8 slices deli ham
- 8 slices sharp white cheddar cheese
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups corn flake crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut loaf into 1/2-inch slices. Place 4 slices in the bottom of a sprayed 9-inch square baking pan. Spread 1 tablespoon of mustard over the bread slices. Top with ham and cheese. Spread 4 more slices of bread with the remaining tablespoon of mustard and place over cheese, mustard side down. Combine eggs and milk and pour evenly over bread.
- Cover pan and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight. Remove from refrigerator and uncover. Sprinkle with corn flake crumbs and drizzle with butter. Bake on the middle shelf at 350°F for 90 minutes.