Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
My kids Love these muffins, I just keep them frozen and microwave them in the mornings for a quick and easy and above all healthy breakfast.
- 4 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon honey mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 5 cups whole grain bread (about 5 slices)
- 1 cup shredded cheese (your choice)
- 1⁄2 cup diced deli ham
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 1. preheat oven to 350* . Line muffin tins with parchment liners or silocone liners or butter very generously.
- 2.In a large -- Read Morebowl whisk eggs and milk, mustard and salt and pepper together. stir in bread, cheese and ham until evenly coated with egg. spoon into muffin tins pressing gently and drizzling any left over liquid in bowl. press 2 tomato halves cut side up on top of each muffin.
- 3. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden and puffed and a knife inserted comes out clean. Let cool for 10 minutes on rack. serve hot.
- muffins can be cooled , wrapped and refridgerated for up to 2 days or frozen for 2 months. Reheat in microwave on medium for 1 to 2 minutes.
These were very good! I am new at the muffin-baking, so I had some technical difficulties with them getting stuck to the cups. I meant to add some fresh chives from the garden to them, and think I might add that next time. Thanks for the amazing and versatile recipe!