Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 mins
I made this up one evening...now we've had it several times for a quick dinner...just add a salad.
Make and share this Ham & Cheese Baked Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- 2 large baked potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup chopped ham
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 3 green onions, finely sliced
- ground black pepper
- butter, for mashing potatoes
- Half the potatoes and take pulp out leaving 4 shells.
- Mash potatoes with milk and pepper. Add all but a hand full of the cheese, ham and onions.
- Fill potato shells sprinkle remainder of cheese on top and broil until brown and bubbly. Approx 5 to 7 minutes.
- **before leaving for work in the mornings I toss a couple of large baking potatoes in the crock pot, dry. On high -- they are always perfect for this recipe when we get home at night!
- Add green salad -- and it's a week night 'quick' meal!
Very good. I used Prosuitto that I fried up a little bit and cut up into small pieces before adding it to the mashed potatoes. And put a few green onions and prosuitto bits on top of the cheese. Delicious!!
I really liked this recipe but will alter it for the next go... I found I had more potato than I did of anything else, so would double up on the other ingredients. All in all though, very filling dinner with a side salad. Thanks :)
Made those potatoes yesterday night, with salad and vinaigrette. I used canadian bacon instead of ham. I chop the oignons, and cook them with canadian bacon, without adding fat. And i used some smelly french cheese instead of swiss cheese haha. Thank you very much, for a super easy recipe.