Recipe by Trisha W
This quiche has been a family favorite for many years. Very tasty and fairly easy to make. It has a mild flavor and even my kids liked it (if they couldn't see the green pepper.) You can use left over ham or as I often do ham lunch meat. This does make a very full pie crust.
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 8 ounces natural swiss cheese
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 4 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup ham, chopped
- 1 tablespoon onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- pepper, to taste
- 1 pie crust, deep dish (bought, as I do, or homemade)
Directions See How It's Made
- Toss together the flour and swiss cheese.
- Mix in the half and half.
- Slightly beat the eggs, with a fork, and stir into mixture.
- Mix in the ham, onion, and green pepper.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour into a large pie crust.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 50-60 minutes.