Recipe by Amis
Great for breakfast or a light lunch. From The Renaissance Cookbook. Posted for Zaar World Tour 05
- 1⁄2 lb sliced ham
- 1⁄2 lb sliced pork, cooked
- 1 onion, sliced and sauted
- 3 cups salted milk
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups grated cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the meat and onions in a greased dish.
- In a saucepan, heat the salted milk to boiling, then lower the heat.
- Beat together the eggs and flour.
- Add the hot milk, beating constantly until well incorporated.
- Pour the the mixture over the meat and dot with butter. Bake at 325 F for 30 minutes or until set.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the top.
- Turn the oven off and let it sit until the cheese is melted.
- Promptly remove and serve.