1/2 Photos of Ham and Gruyere Potato Gratin
1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 25 mins
Galley Wench's Note:
Comes from Cooking Light -- July 2007 issue, however I've modified it slightly. Swiss can be substituted however it will not be quite as rich. To obtain uniformly thin potato slices use a food processor or a mandoline.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Combine first 4 ingredients, stirring with a whisk, set aside.
- 3Heat butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion; cook 3 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently. Stir in milk mixture; bring to a boil. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; add 3/4 cup cheese, stirring until smooth.
- 4Arrange half of potatoes in a 11 x 7 inch baking dish coasted with cooking spray.Pour 1/2 of sauce over potaotes; top evenly with ham. Top with remaining potatoes and remaining sauce; sprinkle evenly with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- 5Cover with foil coated with cooking spray.
- 6Bake a 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
- 7Uncover and bake an additional 45 minutes until potatoes are tender and the cheese is golden group.
- 8Remove from oven; let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ham and Gruyere Potato Gratin
Serving Size: 1 (234 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 257.7
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 39.1 mg
- Sodium 540.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 13.1 g