Chef Cajun Deb's Note:
I put this together years ago and it is a fav at all parties. Easy and can be made 2 days ahead or can be frozen for later use. I like to make enough in Oct. freeze and use for Holiday parties in Nov. and Dec. Also makes great Christmas host gifts. Serve with any crackers. Also good with pepper jelly on the side.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 16 ounces any ham, chopped
- 1 cup pecans, chopped and roasted
- 1/4 cup pecans or 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup mild cheddar cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 teaspoon jalopino bell peppers or 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1Put 1 cup pecans to the side for covering cheese ball.
- 2Put remaining ingredients in blender.
- 3blend well.
- 4Form into a ball
- 5Freeze for 10 minutes.
- 6Roll ball in cup of roasted pecans.
- 7Wrap in wax paper and chill till ready to use.
- 8Can freeze till ready to use or give as gift.
- 9Serve with crackers
- 10Also good with Jalapino pepper jelly on top or on the side.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ham and Cheese Ball With Roasted Pecans
Serving Size: 1 (62 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 276.2
- Calories from Fat 215
- Total Fat 23.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 58.9 mg
- Sodium 650.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 11.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: