Recipe by Chef Cajun Deb
I put this together years ago and it is a fav at all parties. Easy and can be made 2 days ahead or can be frozen for later use. I like to make enough in Oct. freeze and use for Holiday parties in Nov. and Dec. Also makes great Christmas host gifts. Serve with any crackers. Also good with pepper jelly on the side.
Top Review by A Good Thing
I served this at a dinner party the other night and we all thought it was yummy! I don't recommend using thin-sliced sandwich ham for this recipe as I did. Next time I will use a bulkier smoked/honeyed ham. Other than that, it's a repeat for us. Made for Pick-A- Chef. Thanks Deb!
- 16 ounces any ham, chopped
- 1 cup pecans, chopped and roasted
- 1⁄4 cup pecans or 1⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup mild cheddar cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon jalopino bell peppers or 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put 1 cup pecans to the side for covering cheese ball.
- Put remaining ingredients in blender.
- blend well.
- Form into a ball
- Freeze for 10 minutes.
- Roll ball in cup of roasted pecans.
- Wrap in wax paper and chill till ready to use.
- Can freeze till ready to use or give as gift.
- Serve with crackers
- Also good with Jalapino pepper jelly on top or on the side.