Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
I have been making this for many years. Easy, inexpensive, and delicious. My whole family loves it!
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie shells
- 1 cup ham, diced
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese or 1 cup monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup whipping cream or 3⁄4 cup half-and-half or 3⁄4 cup half & half light cream
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Pre-bake the pie shell for 5 minutes. After you have removed the shell from the oven, lower the oven heat to 350°F.
- While the crust is pre-baking, mix the ham, cheese, and basil and set aside.
- Spread mustard on the bottom of the pie crust. Sprinkle with ham-cheese mixture.
- Beat eggs, cream, and pepper well. Pour over the ham and cheese in the pie crust. Sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until set and lightly browned.
This was a nice tasty quiche! I used mozzarella for the cheese. At the time of this review the amount of basil wasn't specified so I used 1 teaspoon of dried and thought that was just right. Mine took about 45 minutes to bake and I used your recipe #511448 for the crust. Thanks for sharing your recipe! Made for Spring Pick-A-Chef 2014