Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
We had arugula, grape tomatoes, and greek yogurt in the fridge. It was really hot outside, and I wanted a quick, refreshing, healthy, yet satisfying summer salad. Went to the market and saw that haloumi cheese was on sale. Everything else just sounded good together. And it is good together! The raw ingredients all offer a wide array of textures, which I appreciate in a salad. Regarding spices: those are estimates; I just tossed some stuff in there, but those amounts sound about right. Feel free to play with it. :-) Have fun, and enjoy!
- 5 ounces arugula leaves
- 16 ounces grape tomatoes (1 dry pint)
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed
- 1 large cucumber, seeded and cubed
- 8 ounces halloumi cheese, cubed
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- Toss tomatoes, chickpeas, cucumber, and haloumi in a bowl.
- Mix yogurt, olive oil, cumin, coriander, paprika, and garlic salt in another bowl, then toss with above ingredients.
- Toss all of the above with arugula leaves.
- Spoon into serving bowls.
This is good. I used baby arugula in a lesser amount, make sure to use softer chickpeas as the ones I used were a bit harder and didn't work so well here, I used English cucumber so I did not seed, Balkan (thick) yogurt, unrefined extra virgin olive oil, freshly ground coriander, plus the rest.