Winnipeg *Mel*'s Note:
Make this quick and easy cookies with your kids and everyone will surely have a blast making them AND eating them.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1/2 butter or 1/2 margarine
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup oatmeal
- 1Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- 2In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, salt, baking soda and sugar.
- 3Gently cut in shortening and butter then blend in egg.
- 4Beat dough mixture until evenly combined and lastly add the oatmeal.
- 5Roll out dough to about ¼” thick between 2 plastic wraps.
- 6Using a 2 ½ round cutter, cut dough to circles on ungreased cookie sheet 1” apart.
- 7Prepare filling by simply mixing filling ingredients together.
- 8Put a teaspoonful of filling at the center of each and cover with remaining dough circles.
- 9Seal the edges by pressing down with fingers or by a fork.
- 10Bake for 10-15 minutes.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Halloween Surprise Filled Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (878 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 106.8
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 8.8 mg
- Sodium 152.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 9.0 g
- Protein 1.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: