Recipe by Pets'R'us
The combination of mango with the Halloumi cheese is very nice. It serves four as a starter, we have it often for the two of us as a maincourse with some nice bread, oh and don't forget the wine!! The source is The Vegetarian Society
Top Review by Rita~
My DH & I both enjoyed this! My husband doesn`t eat anything goat!!This is the first time we had this cheese. Expensive $8.00 for 8 ounces!It`s worth it! I bought 2 and froze one. In the salad dressing I also added fresh basil and chopped up cucumbers. LOTS of pepper. The 2 of us ate the whole salad. AND HE doesn`t eat salad! And all I have to say is put mango in anything and you have a great dish! I also topped it with some sugared pecans! Thanks for for the new cheese experience(to us).
- 9 ounces halloumi cheese
- 6 tablespoons seasoned flour
- 7 ounces mixed salad greens
- 1 ripe mango, peeled,stoned and sliced
- 1 tablespoon mint, finely chopped
- 5 fluid ounces natural yoghurt
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice only
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 4 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
- mint leaf, to garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the halloumi into eight slices and then cut each in half.
- Coat in the seasoned flour and put aside.
- Arrange the salad leaves on two or four serving plates and place slices of mango on top.
- To make the dressing, mix the chopped mint, yoghurt and lemon juice together in a bowl and season to taste.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan or griddle and quickly fry the halloumi for about 2 minutes on each side, until golden.
- Arrange the pieces of halloumi on each bed of leaves and drizzle with a little of the dressing.
- Garnish with cherry tomatoes and mint sprigs and serve immediately with extra dressing on the side.