Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs 40 mins
Tasty yummy yummy
- 250 g skinless chicken
- 4 tablespoons cooking oil
- 50 g barley
- 30 g channa dal
- 30 g moong lentils
- 20 g red lentils (masoor)
- 30 g urad lentils (mash)
- 150 g onions, finely sliced
- laziza haleem masala, to your taste
- green coriander, to your taste
- mint, to your taste
- ginger, to your taste
- lemon, to your taste
- Wash wheat and pulses then soak in water for 1-2 hours. Boil in water until tender stirring frequently.
- In a separate pan fry half the quantity of onion until light brown. Add the meat, one sachet of Laziza Haleem Masala and fry for 5 minutes. Now add 1-2 glasses of water, cover and cook on low heat until the meat is tender and the ghee/oil separates.
- Now transfer the meat masala to the wheat/pulses pan, mix well and simmer for about 30-minutes. Stir rigorously with a wooden spoon, or, put half the wheat/pulses in a blender for coarse grinding and then mix back inches.
- Fry the remaining sliced onion in ghee/oil and season the Haleem with it. Cook on a low heat for a few more minutes.
- Serve with chopped green coriander, green chillies, ginger slices, Laziza Chaat Masala and fresh lemon.
Good recipe and thankyou for posting this recipe .I made this with beef meat and me and my family really enjoyed it