Recipe by Bergy
I had never heard of this fish but it was on sale and looked good so I tried it and I am not sorry. I looked up Capensis on the Internet and found that is a relative to Hake. It has a nice light flavor similar to Basa. There were no recipes for it so I threw this one together - We liked it and I hope you do too. If you want it to be crisper on the outside dip the filets in egg/milk mixture before dipping in the Panko crumbs. Serve with a wedge of lemon and some Tartar sauce
- 1 lb Capensis fish filet
- 3⁄4 cup tomato juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic granules
- salt & pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons Pam cooking spray
- 1 lemon (optional)
- tartar sauce (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse the filets and pat dry.
- Mix together the Panko crumbs, chili flakes, Garlic granuales.
- Season the filets with salt & pepper.
- Coat the filets with tomato juice.
- Dip in the panko crumbs.
- Heat a skillet, add oil and fry the filets over medium heat until golden and cooked apprx 5 minutes each side.