Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This bean dish can be either served as a side, or as a main course with white cooked riced added just before serving.
- Sort beans and remove any debris.
- Add beans to water in pressure cooker.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Soak overnight.
- Add the rest of the salt to taste, bacon, onion, and garlic powder.
- Pressure cook beans until tender, but firm.
- Cooking times will vaary with altitude, but 15-20 minutes on a medium rock will cook them well.
- Run cool water over pressure cooker lid before removing lid.
- Wait for vents to drop before rotating the lid from the pot.
- Add tomatos and cilantro.
- Stir and simmer on low until heated through.
- Add liquid smoke, if desired.