Recipe by Pokey in San Antonio, TX
If you like to add a little heat to your dishes, this sauce is for you. It's easy to make and will keep in the refrigerator for quite awhile.
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is good and quite different from the regular spicy sauces, it's thick and rich, but it definately needs lots more garlic I used canned habaneros, I plan on freezes some. Thanks Kitten:)
- 1 1⁄2 cups carrots (chopped)
- 1 cup onion (chopped)
- 1 1⁄2 cups lime juice
- 3 -6 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 6 -12 habaneros (minced)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients except habaneros. Bring to a boil until carrots are soft.
- Place all in food processor and pulse until smooth. If too thick, add a little more lime juice or white vinegar. Six habaneros will be hot. Twelve will be insane, and you'll need to add more lime or vinegar for sure.
- Transfer to a jar or glass bottle. I sterilize old hot sauce bottles and re-use them.