Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is my version of Kraft's gyro burger found at kraftfoods.com. Their's is a lowfat version, mine is not! The cucumber sauce is very good. I add extra cucumber and garlic to "kick" up the flavor. You also can use AuntPaula's yogurt dip Yogurt Dip instead of this sauce or add the cucumber to the yogurt dip. Yummy!!!
- 4 (6 ounce) hamburger patties
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1⁄2 cup unpeeled cucumber, chopped
- 4 medium foldable pita breads or 4 medium pita pockets
- 2 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1⁄4 cup feta cheese
- GRILL the burgers.
- Mix sour cream, garlic and cucumber in food processor, till well blended.
- Cover pita breads with tomatoes, lettuce and drizzle with cucumber sauce.
- Top each with 1 burger and sprinkle with feta cheese.
- I like to cut off one end of the pita bread and make a pocket burger.
- Just place everything in the pita pocket.
YUM! I was looking for something to change up our normal burgers and found it! It was quick and easy to make, and we had all the ingredients, which is rare. I added an extra clove of garlic because my mother is a huge garlic fan-came out great! It will definitely become a stand by meal. Can't wait to have it again.
This was certainly a tasty rendition of the traditional burger. I liked the simplicity of the recipe and the whole family enjoyed the taste, which was 'a taste of home' for us. It would be nice to have the ingredients listed in the order addressed in the procedure. For instance, the cucumber is used with the sour cream and garlic and should be located there.