Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This corn is so rich, almost like an alfredo. It's too high in fat for me to make often but is a really nice side dish for the holidays or other special dinner. I got the recipe from my stepmother who is an amazing cook. Based on the reviews here, I'd suggest you start with only one teaspoon of salt and add more if needed.
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen corn
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Butter baking dish and sprinkle with 3 T Parmesan, tilting pan to distribute cheese.
- Bring the whipping cream to a boil, reduce heat and add corn.
- Simmer 5 minutes.
- Stir in salt and sugar.
- Make paste with 3 T butter and 3 T flour and stir into corn.
- Cook until thickened.
- Pour into baking dish, sprinkle with cheese and dot with butter.
- Refrigerate for up to 4 days but do not freeze.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until bubbling and golden brown.
Love this recipe!! I make it as the recipe is written. My family loves it! Sure it's not a "diet" recipe but who cares for that on Holidays!!! I took it to my husbands family for Easter last year and they loved it!! And most of them are healthy eaters! I will be making this for years to come.
Not at all for dieters... but oh-so-yummy! This is a decadent addition to our Thanksgiving meal each year. Along with our brined turkey... it's one of the highlights of our holiday meal.
This corn was deliscious....such a rich creamy sauce. Everyone loved it.