Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
After looking at other guava margarita recipes, I decided to create my own because I do not care for all the sweet drinks out there and wanted to use what I have from my yard. I have Meyer lemons and guavas but guavas are not in season so used Kerns guava juice/nectar. I was also looking for the pinkish hue and added grenadine to boost the color.
- 1⁄2 cup guava juice (such as Kerns juice or nectar)
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup silver tequila
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons triple sec
- 1 teaspoon grenadine
- ice cube, for shaking
- lemon slice (to garnish)
- coarse salt, for rimming the glass (optional)
- Combine all ingredients with the exception of lemon slices and salt in a shaker. Place plenty of ice into shaker and shake for 30 seconds or so.
- Pour into martini or other glasses of your choice and place several ice cubes in the drinks. Top with lemon slice on the rim.
- You may also want to wet the glass rim with lemon juice and dip into coarse salt for salt rimmed glass before pouring in the drink.