This is an intriguing mix of sweet and savory. Sharp white cheddar is a good substitute for Manchego cheese.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup guava paste (about 7 ounces 1/4 -1/3 inch cubes)
- 1 cup manchego cheese (sharp white is good substitute, about 4 ounces 1/4 -1/3 inch cubes)
- 1/2 cup almonds, sliced and toasted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 9 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- phyllo dough, thawed
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1Toss first 4 ingredients in medium bowl to combine. Cover filling and chill until ready to use, up to 1 day.
- 2Stir sugar, cinnamon, and cayenne pepper in small bowl.
- 3Place 1 phyllo sheet on work surface; keep remaining sheets covered with plastic wrap and damp towel to prevent drying.
- 4Brush phyllo with butter and sprinkle with 11/2 teaspoons sugar mixture. Repeat 2 more times to make 3 layers.
- 5Cut rectangle in half crosswise, making two 6x8-inch stacks. Place scant 1/3 cup guava filling in center of each stack. Gather sheets around filling to form pouch.
- 6Brush pouches with butter.
- 7Transfer to small baking sheet. Repeat with remaining ingredients to make 6 pouches total.
- 8Sprinkle with some of remaining sugar mixture. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover with plastic and refrigerate.).
- 9Preheat oven to 350°F
- 10Bake phyllo pouches uncovered until golden brown and filling is heated through, about 20 minutes.
- 11Transfer to plates. Spoon Passion Fruit (or other like lime) syrup alongside; serve phyllo pouches warm.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Guava and Manchego Phyllo Pouches With Passion Fruit Syrup
Serving Size: 1 (307 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 282.1
- Calories from Fat 192
- Total Fat 21.3 g
- Saturated Fat 10.1 g
- Cholesterol 40.6 mg
- Sodium 174.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 19.5 g
- Protein 2.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: