Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Found in the New Southwest Cookbook and attributed to The Velvet Elvis Pizza Co.
- 1 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil
- 12 cups spinach, rinsed and dried
- 1 cup grated asiago cheese
- 16 thin sliced red onion rings
- 4 large roma tomatoes
- 1 avocado
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed fresh garlic
- 1 pinch dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch dried oregano
- 1⁄2 fresh jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
- Combine all of the dressing ingredients in a food processor or blender and process to achieve the consistency of heavy cream, adding more water if necessary.
- To serve, toss 1/2 cup of the dressing with the spinach leaves and divide among 8 bowls. Top each bowl evenly with remaining ingredients.