Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Found in the New Southwest Cookbook and attributed to The Velvet Elvis Pizza Co.
Make and share this Guadalupe Salad With Avocado Dressing recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil
- 12 cups spinach, rinsed and dried
- 1 cup grated asiago cheese
- 16 thin sliced red onion rings
- 4 large roma tomatoes
- 1 avocado
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed fresh garlic
- 1 pinch dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch dried oregano
- 1⁄2 fresh jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
- Combine all of the dressing ingredients in a food processor or blender and process to achieve the consistency of heavy cream, adding more water if necessary.
- To serve, toss 1/2 cup of the dressing with the spinach leaves and divide among 8 bowls. Top each bowl evenly with remaining ingredients.