Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
A yummy side dish for a Tex Mex meal, or to spice up any grilled meats. Full of healthy fats and protein, thanks to the brown rice! The recipe can be found here: http://lobsterandfishsticks.com/2009/01/28/guacamole-rice/
- 1 cup brown rice
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1 avocado, mashed
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato, chopped
- 1 teaspoon adobo seasoning
- cook rice in broth in a rice cooker or stove top.
- mash avocado and mix with tomato and a little salt.
- once all liquid is absorbed and rice is tender, add avocado mixture and adobo, stir until fully blended.