Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a great dressing to serve over a mixed green salad- perfect with Mexican food or BBQ! Originally from a September 1983 issue of Bon Apetit magazine in the R.S.V.P. Letters to the Editor section. The recipe was requested from The Warehouse restaurant in Marina del Rey, California.Sometimes I will add some chopped cilantro and finely diced jalapeno pepper to the dressing, especially if I'm serving this with Mexican food such as enchiladas.
- 1 1⁄3 cups sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely minced
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- 1 -2 drop green food coloring (optional)
- 1 large avocado, peeled, pitted and finely chopped (or 2 medium avocados)
- Combine all ingredients except avocado in medium bowl and blend well.
- Gently stir in avocado.
- Cover and chill well before serving.
This was a good, creamy salad dressing with a mild flavor. It was a little thicker than I would have liked; next time I'd probably add some buttermilk to thin it a bit. Also, I prefer a more tart dressing, so I'll probably add a LOT more lemon juice (just a personal preference, though). Thanks for posting!