Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
The original of this recipe was found in the Taste of Home Summer Appetizers, 2009, & somehow it was tweaked to make it even better! Preparation time does not include the hour or so needed for the guacamole to chill in the refrigerator.
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 cup avocado, peeled, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, minced
- 1 tablespoon green chili, drained, chopped (from a can)
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon pepper
- Cook the peas according to the directions on the package, then drain & place in a food processor.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, then cover & process until blended.
- Pour into a serving bowl, cover & refrigerate for an hour or until chilled.
- Enjoy with large corn scoops or tortilla chips.
I enjoyed eating this different, yet so tasty, guacamole. I did adjust the ingredients just a bit, adding more avocado, a tiny bit more green chile, garlic and lime juice. I also added pepper and a touch of salt. Very nice and a good way to get more veggies into my meals! Thanks for posting Syd! Made for Newest Zaar Tag.