Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a creamy and garlicky guacamole, friends of mine that never liked guacamole before love this - give it a try!
- 2 Hass avocadoes, make sure they are ripe
- 1 -2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 1⁄2 cup tomatoes (finely diced & deseeded)
- 1 cup mayonnaise (Hellmans full fat)
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- fresh ground pepper
- salt, if needed (try it first)
- Mash the avacado till fine add your garlic salt while you mash it will help you break down the avacado. Add lemon juice.
- Add remaining ingredients and refrigerate for at least two hours.
- Serve with scoop chips, salsa and sour cream!
This is nice but I would have preferred it with fresh garlic plus onions I think and more avocado as some other reviewers stated. Not sure what type of avocado I used but it was smooth and perfectly ripe. I used some fresh chopped sweet onion instead of the dried as that is what I had on hand. I used grape tomatoes, Hellman's olive oil mayonnaise to be soy free. Instead of sour cream I used thick yogurt to be corn free, plus the rest and did not to add salt at all as it really did not need any more. Served with rice crackers and cucumber sticks as a light lunch.
My first guacamole with tomato. I used minced garlic. A little too high in calories for me,but it did taste good. Served with tortilla chips.
I keep saying that I'm not really a fan of guacamole, but was intrigued enough with this recipe to try it ~ Glad I did, 'cause THIS DIP IS GOOD! As per another reviewer, I used both garlic salt & minced garlic (a rounded teaspoon of the latter)! Thanks for a recipe that I'll be keeping around! [Tagged, made & reviewed for a teammate in our vegetarian group in the Vegetarian/vegan Recipe Swap]