Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
No marshmallows here! This recipe is sophisticated for grown-ups but children love it too. Plus, it's easy and quick.
- 2⁄3 cup orange blossom honey
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 lbs carrots, peeled and cut bite-sized on the bias
- 2 tablespoons cumin seeds
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Bring 1/2 cup water to a boil in a saucepan. Add honey, salt, and then stir. Add carrots. Cook for several minutes, stirring occasionally, until the liquid has mostly evaporated and the carrots are tender. Turn off heat.
- Add cumin, olive oil, and lemon juice and stir. Then serve!
Absolutely great way to serve up this often neglected vegetable! I enjoy carrot side dishes, so am always on the lookout for ones like this! Thanks for sharing it! It's another one of your to-make-for-special-company recipes! Had a couple of friends over to help with some work on the outside of our mobile home & knew they enjoyed fries & a dip, so I used them as testers for this recipe! Passed with flying colors, too ~ We all thoroughly enjoyed it! Thanks for posting it! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in this Spring's Pick A Chef event]