Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This easy stuffed pepper dish can be made up to 2 days in advance and cooked when you need it. It can even be frozen, but needs to be defrosted for a few days in the refrigerator before cooking.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 bell peppers (red or yellow)
- Combine first 8 ingredients in a medium sized stainless bowl and mix well.
- Cut peppers in half lengthwise and remove seeds.
- Lay peppers in a lightly oiled 13x9 baking dish and fill with an equal amount of the turkey stuffing.
- Top each pepper half with a pinch of oregano and the tomato sauce.
- Bake in a preheated 375° oven for 1 hour. (to 160° internally) Serve with salad and crusty french bread.
Really good. We don't usually eat ground turkey, but these were terrific. My family didn't know it was turkey until I told them! Wonderful recipe. Will be making it again for sure.
Quite delicious! we loved them, they were kinda like a turkey meatloaf inside a sweet pepper, lots of flavour. I will make them again. I did cut them a little different, instead of in half I left them whole with a hat on top. We enjoyed them very much, thanks for posting.
I enjoyed trying this recipe out because I like stuffed peppers. It had good flavor for my husband and I. Didn't add the salt.